Chenna Steam is a very soft and mild sweet dish dessert item. This is one of the popular sweet dish of Odisha. It is also known as Steam Sandesh or Steam Mitha.
The preparation procedure of this item is not so tough and could be easily prepared at home as well. The ingredients necessary for this dish are as follows:
- Milk – 2 litres (to make cottage cheese or chenna)
- Lemon Juice or you can use vinegar
- Green Cardamom Powder – 1 tsp
- Powdered Sugar – 4 to 5 tbsp
- Saffron (kesar) – (its optional)
- Take a grinding jar. Add chenna or cottage cheese and blend it for one time. Now add powdered sugar, cardamom powder and warm milk and again grind it again .
- Now grease a cake tin with butter or ghee. Pour the chenna mix in the tin . Add saffron for garnishing.
- Add water in kadai . Put a hot pot stand (image shown below) inside the kadai. Cover it and heat it for 5 – 10 mins in low flame.
- Now put cake tin in kadai. Cover it for 30 mins in low flame . After 30 mins chhena steam is ready.
- Then keep the chenna steam outside for 30 mins . after get cool keep it in fridge . After get cool now you can have the chenna steam .
Wish you all the best in preparing this wonderful dish. Do let me know how your dish was in the comments section.
You could also try out other dessert recipes over here.
A home maker who loves to cook and try out new dishes. An avid traveler who loves to travel new places with family.