American chicken chop suey is a lip smacking preparation of crispy noodles and served with a zingy, tangy sauce of vegetables, chicken and spices. It is a classic Indian Chinese adaption. American chop suey represents the confluence of western and oriental cuisines, and when served with fried noodles, it is often considered an overseas adaption of the popular Chinese dish, chow mein. Chop suey is essentially sautéd veggies flavoured with sauces and thickened with cornflour. When served with fried Hakka noodles, It makes a truly sumptuous treat that is both filling and tasty. It is ideally served for lunch or dinner, but can also be served as an evening snack or light meal.
So, I am sharing the recipe, you just try the recipe at home and share your experience with me. I am sharing the recipe below.
American Chicken Chop suey
Course: DinnerCuisine: Indo-ChineseDifficulty: Medium
American chicken chop suey is a lip smacking preparation of crispy noodles and served with a zingy, tangy sauce of vegetables, chicken and spices.
- For fried noodles
Noodles- 100 gms
Cornflour- 2 tbsp
Oil for frying
A pinch of salt
- For fry the veggies and chicken
Boneless chicken- 200 gms
Green capsicum (sliced)- 50 gms
Yellow bell pepper (sliced)- 50 gms
Sliced onion- 1 big
Chopped garlic- 1 tbsp
Chopped ginger- 1 tbsp
Tomato sauce- 3 tbsp
Soya sauce- 1 tbsp
Red chilli sauce- 1 tbsp
Szechwan sauce- 1 tbsp
Oil- 3 tbsp
Salt as per taste
- For egg pouch
Egg- 1 no
A pinch of salt
- Heat a kadhai. Put water into it. When water starts boil, add noodles into it and let it boil for 6-7 minutes.
- After boiling done. Drain out the water from noodles and cool down with cold water and keep it outside.
- Then mix and coat the noodles well with cornflour. Add salt and mix again.
- Heat the oil in a pan, shallow fry the noodles on the sides until it turn crispy and lightly golden brown.
- Turn off the flame and take out the noodles on a paper towel to drain the excess oil.
- In a separate pan, heat oil. When oil becomes hot, add chopped garlic, chopped ginger, sliced onion and sauté it till onion turns golden brown.
- Now add the boneless chicken into them. Then fry it for 2-3 minutes.
- After that add green capsicum, yellow bell pepper and fry it again for 2-3 minutes.
- Then add tomato sauce, red chilli sauce, soya sauce, Szechwan sauce and salt. Keep frying it till chicken will be cook properly.
- Now in a small bowl, add cornflour and little water then mix it well.
- Now add the cornflour mix water into the chicken. Then cook it for 2 minutes. The gravy is now ready.
- Now take a pan and grease it with oil. Then beat an egg and put it on the pan. When the egg’s down side will be done, then make it out and keep it side.
- Now on a plate, put the fried noodles first, then add the chicken and veggies gravy on the top of the noodles. And last add the egg pouch on the top of the gravy.
- Now American chicken chop suey is ready to serve hot.