Banarasi chura mattar is a delicious and healthy breakfast or evening snack which is popular and made in many homes in Uttar Pradesh during winter. A traditional and authentic Uttar Pradesh delicacy made with beaten rice and green peas.
But then there are regional variations from it which are purpose-based recipes. One such easy and healthy poha recipe is chura mattar recipe.
Chura mattar is made differently in both Up and Bihar. In Up, the making of chura mattar resembles the preparation of Maharashtrian kanda poha, whereas in Bihar the poha in fried and somewhat like a poha chiwda.
The taste of chura mattar is very different from poha recipe. If you are bored of making poha the usual way, try this simple yet detectable poha prepared in a royal way called chura mattar. It is loaded with desi ghee, milk, and garam masala making it very flavourful.
So, you just try this recipe at your home and share your experience with me. I am sharing the recipe below.
Banarasi Chura MattarCourse: Breakfast, SnacksCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Easy
Banarasi chura mattar is a delicious and healthy breakfast or evening snack which is popular and made in many homes in Uttar Pradesh during winter.
Poha- 2 cups
Frozen green peas- 1 cup
Chopped onion- 1 large
Chopped green chillies- 2
Bay leaf- 1
Cumin seeds- 1 tbsp
Chopped ginger- 1 tbsp
Ghee- 3 tbsp
Garam masala powder- 1 tbsp
Sugar- 1 tbsp
Milk- 3 tbsp
Salt to taste
- First soak the poha in sufficient water.
- Drain it from water, squeeze properly and set aside.
- Now heat ghee in a non sticky pan. When ghee becomes hot, add bay leaf and cumin seeds, then mix well and saute till the seeds change the colour.
- Then add chopped onion and fry it till golden brown, then add chopped green chillies and chopped ginger, then mix and saute it for a minute.
- Then add frozen green peas and cook for 2 minutes.
- Now add salt and toss well. Then add garam masala and mix well.
- Now add the poha and add sugar and milk, then cook it on low flame for sometime by covering it.
- Now Banarasi chura mattar is ready to serve hot.
Find some more quick and easy recipes here.