Butter chicken recipe is probably one of the most popular Indian recipes liked by all. Butter chicken is among the best known Indian food all over the World. Its gravy can be made as hot or mild as you like, so its suits most plates. It is also known as Murg Makhani.
The recipe is so easy to make at home and also tastes delicious as well. Golden fried chicken pieces cooked in a creamy tomato base makes the dish just too yummy. This butter chicken recipe is one of the best you will try. You will love how easy it is to make it in the comfort of your own home. My post will guide you how to make butter chicken at home that tastes absolutely delicious, flavor-packed, creamy and rich.
On every occasion in the family, you can make the butter chicken, so everybody will love to have the delicious recipe. It is best to serve with roti, naan, jeera rice, or pulao. It is also kids friendly dish. While most of the Indian curry dishes preparation of the base starts with a blend of onion and ginger garlic paste cooking oil, butter chicken uses tomato as a base and it cooked in butter, giving it a slightly sweet flavor. And the Cashews add to the sweetness of the dish.
Most of the times I prepare this dish in my home because my son likes this too much. So you also try the recipe at home and let me know how it tastes. If you have kids then they are definitely going to love this dish. So, here goes the recipe below.
Butter Chicken RecipeCourse: MainCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Medium
Butter chicken recipe is probably one of the most popular Indian recipes liked by all. Butter chicken is among the best known Indian food all over the World.
- For Chicken Marination
Boneless Chicken- 1 kg
Yogurt- 100 gms
Kashmiri Red chilli powder- 1tsp
Ginger garlic paste- 2 tbsp
- For Chicken gravy
Chopped tomato- 4 big
Chopped onions- 3 medium size
Ginger- 1 inch
Garlic- 7 – 8 cloves
Cashews nuts – 20 pc
Fresh cream- 5 tbsp
Garam masala powder- 1 tsp
Kasuri methi- 1 tbsp
Kashmiri Red chilli powder- 1 tbsp
Butter- 100 gm
Coriander leaves for garnishing
salt as per taste
- Take a bowl. Add yogurt, ginger garlic paste, Kashmiri Red chilli powder, salt and mix it well. Then cover it and keep it aside.
- For Fried chicken
- Take a pan. Add oil into it. Heat the oil for some time and after oil is hot then add the marinated chicken and sauté it for 5 – 6 minutes, and cover it. In between check the chicken till the it is done from all the sides. After the chicken becomes soft switch off the flame and keep it aside.
- For Gravy
- Take a pan, heat it. Then add oil and half butter. Then add chopped onions and fry it for sometimes till it becomes light golden colour. Now add the chopped tomatoes, ginger, garlic, cardamom, cashew nuts and fry it for sometime. Then cover the pan and let it cook for 7 – 8 minutes till the tomatoes get mashy.
- Once done, turn off the flame and let it cool. After it cools down then transfer it to a blender jar and blend it into a thick paste.
- Then again switch on the flame and in the same pan add some oil and remaining butter. After it became hot, add the paste which we have made already. Then sauté it for 2 -3 minutes. Then add Kashmiri Red chilli powder, Garam masala powder and fry it for 5 -6 minutes. After that add cream and mix it well. Then add water and let it cook for 10 minutes.
- Once done turn off the flame. Now garnish it with some chopped coriander leaves and kasuri methi. Now your butter chicken is ready to be served hot with chapati, naan or jeera rice.
Hope you enjoyed your meal. Do let me know your experience of cooking this delectable recipe in comments.
If you like chicken dishes, you could also try out more chicken recipes available here.