Chicken pakora is a delicious, flavorful, and crunchy chicken appetizer that just takes 30 – 45 minutes to be done. Chicken pakora is a crispy appetizer made with chicken gram flour, egg, ginger garlic paste, cornflour, and some spices. These addictively delicious and crunchy chicken bites are not the only flavor-packed but are also tender and juicy.
Mouthwatering tasty pakoras are the favorite hot snack food in India, Bangladeshi as well as Asian sub countries. Pakoras usually made with veggies dipped in a yummy gram flour or all-purpose flour. batter and deep-fried. Pakoras are made with different meats, chicken, and fish. As in this recipe, I use the chicken filling for the tasty and yummy chicken pakoras. Everybody has their own taste variations for pakora batter.
For the chicken pakoras, firstly the dry ingredients are simply added to the marinated chicken to coat it and then add some more spice to your own taste. This recipe is a very easy-to-make and tasty snack recipe for kids and adults too. On a rainy or cold day add a steaming cup of masala chai with this yummy chicken pakoras and you will be in foodie heaven. This is also a great snack for alcohol.
Some FAQs For Chicken Pakora
There are different ways to make chicken pakora more crisp:
* Add cold water while making the pakora batter.
* You can add small amount of gram flour to the pakora batter which will make the pakoras more crispy.
Pakoras are fritters (of Meat, Vegetables, Fish, Fruits, etc.) deep-fried in oil. Whereas Bajji are covered with thick batter (encompassing) deep-fried in oil.
Pakoras can be frozen and can be reheated in microwave for 10 minutes at 375 degrees.
So, you just try this recipe at your home and share your experience with me. I am sharing the recipe below.
Chicken Pakora RecipeCourse: AppetizersCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Easy
Chicken pakora is a delicious, flavorful, and crunchy chicken appetizer that just takes 30 – 45 minutes to be done. Chicken pakora is a crispy appetizer made with chicken gram flour, egg, ginger garlic paste, corn flour, and some spices.
Chicken- 500 gms
Kashmiri red Chilli powder- 1 tsp
Turmeric powder- 1 tsp
Ginger garlic paste- 1 1/2tbsp
Chat masala – 1 tsp
Red food colour- pinch of (its optional)
Cumin powder- 1 tsp
Chopped coriander leaves- 2 tbsp
Chopped mint leaves few
Gram flour or besan- 1/2cup
Cornflour- 3 tbsp
Egg- 2 nos
Salt as per taste
Oil for frying
How to make chicken pakora
- First wash the chicken properly and keep it to drain excess water.
- Now in a large bowl, add washed chicken, Kashmiri red chilli powder, turmeric powder, chaat masala, ginger garlic paste, chopped coriander leaves few, chopped mint leaves few, gram flour or besan, cornflour, egg, red food colour, cumin powder and salt as per taste into the bowl. Mix everything properly and set aside for 1 hour at least.
- Heat oil in a skillet or deep pan when the oil is medium hot.
- Add the chicken pieces so as not to crowd the pan.
- Turn them after around 2 – 3 minutes on medium flame and then keep stirring them while frying for another 6 – 7 minutes.
- Fry till they are uniformly browned.
- Remove the pieces onto a plate.
- Fry the balance chicken pieces and repeat the same process.
- Don’t try to fry chicken in very hot oil.
- Add egg if possible.