If there is one dish guaranteed to on every Indian restaurant menu, it’s chicken tikka masala. This recipe is composed of grilled chunks of chicken enveloped in creamy spiced tomato puree ingredients. Chicken tikka masala is one of the very popular chicken recipes of India after butter chicken.
Chicken tikka masala is an Indian boneless chicken gravy that is very popular around the world. Tikka means a chunk or a cube is marinated and grilled to perfection. Then cooked in gravy to yield a delicious, creamy tikka masala. Marinated chicken can be grilled in an oven or on a stovetop, the stovetop method to yields a tasty dish.
If you are planning to host a house party, then you must go for this chicken recipe. This will surely impress your guests. With rich tomato gravy and tandoori flavors, this chicken recipe goes really well with bread and nans. You can also eat with rumali rotis and jeera rice also.
Chicken tikka masala recipe is easy to make and can be made by using simple ingredients available in the kitchen. If you want to make this traditional chicken recipe even more delicious and aromatic, then dry roast the spices, grind them and use them for the gravy.
Also, if you like the creamy texture of gravies, then add some fresh cream. This will certainly accentuate the taste of the recipe. You can also make this chicken recipe on special occasions like kitty party and pot luck. If you are a spice junkie and love all things spicy, then customize this chicken recipe a bit by adding more green chilies. Try it and relish the burst of Indian flavors.
So, you just try this recipe at your home and share your experience with me. I am sharing the recipe below.
Chicken Tikka MasalaCourse: MainCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Medium
If there is one dish guaranteed to on every Indian restaurant menu, it’s chicken tikka masala, which is composed of grilled chunks of chicken enveloped in creamy spiced tomato puree ingredients.
Chicken- 700 gms (big pieces)
- For marination
Thick curd- 1 cup
Ginger garlic paste- 2 tbsp
Kashmiri chilli powder- 2 tbsp
Tandoori masala powder- 2 tbsp
Salt as required
Refined oil for frying
- For the gravy
Finely chopped onion- 2 medium
Ginger garlic paste- 2 tbsp
Tomato puree- 1 1/2 cup
Refined oil as required
- Spice powders
Turmeric powder- 1 tsp
Kashmiri red chilli powder- 2 tbsp
Coriander powder- 1 tbsp
Garam masala powder- 1 tsp
Chicken masala powder- 1 tbsp
Kasuri methi- 1 tbsp
How to Make chicken tikka gravy
- First wash the chicken properly. Take a large bowl, add the washed chicken, then add curd, Kashmiri red chilli powder, lemon juice, ginger garlic paste, tandoori masala powder and salt as required into the bowl. Then mix it properly and rest it for 1 hour for marination.
- heat oil in a frying pan and place the marinated chicken pieces side by side. Don’t crowd the pan, you can do them in batches.
- Fry it on medium heat for 2 minutes and turn on the other side. Continue to fry it on medium flame on the other side for another 2 minutes.
- Flip it and continue the same on the other side too.
- Take these out on a plate and repeat with balance marinates tikkas.
- Making gravy
- Heat oil in a kadhai, when oil becomes hot, add finely chopped onions, fry it in medium flame till it looks golden brown.
- Now add ginger garlic paste and fry on low heat for 2 minutes.
- Then ad the tomato puree, give a mix and then add turmeric powder, Kashmiri red chilli powder, coriander powder, chicken masala powder and salt as required . Mix well and fry it for sometime.
- Now add the fried tikkas and fry it for 2 minutes, then add some water. Now cover the lid and cook it for 10 minutes.
- Lastly add the kasuri methi and cook it for 5 minutes.
- Switch off the flame. Chicken tikka gravy is ready to serve. Garnish with some coriander leaves and serve hot with roti, naan, or jeera rice.
If you liked this dish you can also try another spicy chicken recipe “Dry Pepper Chicken Masala”.