Chilli paneer is a popular Indo-Chinese recipe eaten as an appetizer or main course as well. It can be served as a side dish with fried rice or schezwan fried rice, it tastes somewhat different. The recipe consists of dry chilli paneer, in which the paneer is marinated and fried in oil and later cooked with Chinese sauce, green bell pepper, and onions.
Now you can also make this restaurant-style chilli paneer at home with ease by following this recipe. It is very simple to make with ingredients available at home and can be easily understood so that anyone and everyone can make it. This dry chilli paneer definitely going to leave your taste buds wanting for more.
It is the best Chinese appetizer devoured by all, this spicy and tangy stir-fried cottage cheese is perfect one to serve as a starter in a party or side with fried rice or noodles.
You can replace paneer with mushroom, chicken, or Manchurian balls. If you want this to make a gravy then serve it with any Chinese meals. In restaurants, the entire seasoning is made in a Chinese wok on a very high flame which lends a unique smoky flavour. The dry version of chilli paneer is served as a starter or appetizer snack.
So, you just try this recipe at your home and share your experience with me. I am sharing this recipe below.
Chilli Paneer RecipeCourse: AppetizersCuisine: ChineseDifficulty: Medium
Chilli paneer is a popular Indo-Chinese recipe eaten as an appetizer or main course as well. It can be served as a side dish with fried rice or schezwan fried rice.
- For batter
Paneer cubes- 250 grams
Refined flour- 4 tbsp
Corn flour- 2 tbsp
A pinch of salt
Water as need to make thick batter
Oil for frying
- For chilli paneer sauce
Refined oil- 3 tbsp
Finely chopped ginger- 1 tbsp
Finely chopped garlic- 1 tbsp
Onion cubes- 1 large
Capsicum cubes- 1 no
Tomato sauce- 2 tbsp
Chilli sauce- 1 tbsp
Soya sauce- 1 tbsp
Corn flour slurry- 2 tbsp
Salt as per taste
- For coating paneer, add refined flour, corn flour, salt and water to a boil, mix well and set aside till in use.
- Then add paneer cubes into the batter and coat well.
- Now heat oil for frying, deep fry the coated paneer cubes till light golden, drain on absorbent paper. Set aside till in use.
- Now heat oil in a nonstick pan, when oil becomes hot, add finely chopped ginger, garlic and saute it for 2 minutes.
- Then add onion cubes and saute it for till onions are fragrant. Now add capsicum cubes and saute it for 1 minute.
- Then add tomato sauce, chilli sauce and soya sauce into it and sauet it for 2 minutes.
- Now add some water and the corn flour slurry and add salt as per taste, then cook it till the sauce thickens.
- Then add the fried paneer cubes and toss well.
- Chilli paneer is ready to serve hot, you can garnish it with some chopped spring onions or sesame seeds.
- Serve immediately with roti or naan.