Prawn curry is a simple delicious and flavourful dish made of fresh prwans, onions, tomatoes and some masala powders. It is also known as prawn masala. It also goes well with rice, roti or phulka. Indian cuisine is very diverse and most foods are made in their regional style with locally available ingredients. This prawn curry has always been a winner at home for its simplicity and delicious taste. Each region makes curry in a different style with locally grown or available ingredients.
Prawn curry is a fantastic choice if you are craving something fancy and easy at the same time. Ready to serve in under an hour, you can serve this prawn masala curry to your guests or make it as a special meal on the weekends. Impress everyone with your cooking skills with delicious prawns recipe and they’ll be asking for more.
This prawn curry recipe is one I got from my papa. Because this one was a childhood favourite of mine, he was making it deliciously.
So, you try this recipe at your home and share your experience with me. I am sharing this recipe below.
Desi Style Prawn CurryCourse: MainCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Medium
Prawn curry is a simple delicious and flavourful dish made of fresh prwans, onions, tomatoes and some masala powders. It is also known as prawn masala.
Prawn- 700 gms
Potato- 5 nos
Chopped onions- 4 nos
Chopped tomatoes- 2 nos
Ginger garlic paste- 2 tbsp
Turmeric powder- 1 tsp
Red chilli powder- 1 tbsp
Coriander powder- 1 tbsp
Meat masala powder- 1 tbsp
Bay leaf- 1
Cinnamon- 1 no
Kasuri methi- 1 tbsp
Mustard oil as need
Salt as per taste
Chopped coriander leaves for garnishing
- Heat oil in a nonstick pan, add the prwans and shallow fry it for 5 – 7 minutes and keep it aside. Then heat oil in kadhai, then add the cut potatoes and fry it till it looks golden brown. now place it in a plate and keep aside.
- Then heat oil in a kadhai and bay leaf and cinnamon into it. Now add chopped onions. Fry it on medium heat till it looks golden brown. Then add chopped tomatoes into it and fry it till it will be mashy.
- Now add ginger garlic paste and fry for around 2 to 3 minutes till raw smell is gone. After that add coriander powder, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, meat masala powder into them and fry till oil separates from masala.
- Now add the fried potatoes and fried prawns into the masala and cook it for sometime.
- After that add some water into them and put some salt as per need. Then let it come to a boil, lower the heat to low and cover for around 20 to 30 minuets.
- Now switch off the flame. Then crushed some kasuri methi and sprinkle chopped coriander leaves on the top. Prawn curry is ready to serve hot with rice.
- Don’t fry the prawns so much.
- You can add some cashew nut paste.