This restaurant-style dry pepper chicken masala recipe is very easy to make at home. This is a dry pepper chicken exactly like a hotel chicken pepper fry. This chicken masala recipe is from the south mostly Chettinad chicken is made like this.
This spicy pepper chicken is cooked in an aromatic spice blend with the uniqueness of ginger, garlic, pepper, curry leaves, and some spices in oil. It is a wonderful dish and a great starter also.
Indian style dry pepper chicken recipe to munch with rice and South Indian rasam. This pepper chicken is a spice feast for all non-veg lovers. It is helpful for those who have a cold, cough, and throat problem. It can be eaten as a starter or with roti or any type of bread.
This is great to enjoy during monsoon or winters. South Indian cuisine is diverse and each region has its own way of making this dish. The recipe shared here has always been a winner at home for the unique aroma and taste. The key to this delicious aromatic dish is the freshly ground pepper which brings a mild heat to the dish.
Pepper chicken is unique in away from the other Indian chicken curry recipes. The quantity of red chili powder used is less here when compared to other chicken recipes. If you wan t to make it spicier then you can add more chili powder.
This pepper chicken recipe can be used to make both versions of the pepper chicken dry and gravy. To get the right taste, do stick on to the exact measurement. Pepper chicken can be made with simple ingredients that are available in the kitchen and the process of cooking is much simpler.
Also, no need for any fancy ingredients. First cook the chicken, use curry leaves, onions, tomatoes, and some spices up the dish. And cook the chicken till it becomes soft then fry till moisture evaporates and the pieces are separated and coated with the masala.
So, you just try this recipe at your home and share your experience with me. I am sharing the recipe below.
Dry Pepper Chicken MasalaCourse: AppetizersCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Medium
This restaurant-style dry pepper chicken recipe is very easy to make at home. This is a dry pepper chicken exactly like a hotel chicken pepper fry.
Chicken- 1 kg
Finely chopped onion- 4 large
Finely chopped tomato- 2 large
Ginger garlic paste- 3 tbsp
Fennel seeds- 2 tsp
Black pepper- 2 tbsp
Cumin seeds- 1 tbsp
Coriander seeds- 1 tbsp
Turmeric powder- 1 tsp
Red chilli powder- 2 tsp
Garam masala- 1 tbsp
Chicken masala powder- 1 tbsp
Curry leaves few
Refined oil as required
Salt as required
- First heat a pan on medium flame, add coriander seeds, cumin seeds, fennel seeds and black pepper into it and saute it for 3 – 4 minutes. After that cool it completely and grind it and make it a fine powder. keep aside.
- Now heat oil a kadhai on medium flame, then add finely chopped onions and fry it till it looks golden brown. Now add some curry leaves into the kadhai. Now add the finely chopped tomato and fry it till it will be mashy.
- Then add ginger garlic paste and fry it for 2 minutes. After that add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, garam masala powder, chicken masala powder into them and fry it for 3 – 4 minutes.
- Now add the washed chicken into the masala and fry it for 5 minutes.
- Then add the grinded masala powder into the chicken, add salt as per taste an d mix well. Then add little bit water into it and Cover the lid and in between you check till chicken have cooked properly.
- After chicken will be cook properly, switch off the flame.
- Now the pepper dry chicken is ready to serve hot.
If you liked this recipe, then try another non-vegetarian recipe here.