This is exactly what a satisfying meal starts with some Goan prawn curry made with coconut which is going to comfort you and make you feel like you are home and warm and safe. Goan prawn curry is a perfect tropical side to savour on a sunny day.
Recipe for Goan prawn curry is very simple and authentic. You can serve this best Goan style prawn curry with rice for a nourishing brunch or dinner as well. If you love Goa and its amazing sea food then I bet you already know about Goan prawn curry with coconut milk. Moreover, you sure must have eaten it at least once.
When I tried this recipe first, it turned out to be the yummiest curry recipe. Although, there are many versions of prawn curry like Malabari, Kerla style, Malvani. But this Goan prawn curry that we are talking about is altogether a different deal. I have used tamarind for this curry but you may replace it with kokum for a traditional flavour.
It is a tangy spicy curry made using shrimps, a variety of spices, and coconut milk. This lip smacking prawn curry is a staple in every Goan household. Goes best with plain rice and a side of papad or pickle. It is a must try dish from coastal land.
So, you just try this recipe at your home and share your experience with me. I am sharing this recipe below.
Goan Prawn Curry RecipeCourse: MainCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Medium
This is exactly what a satisfying meal starts with some Goan prawn curry made with coconut which is going to comfort you and make you feel like you are home and warm and safe.
Grated coconut- 1 cup
Garlic cloves- 7 – 8 nos
Ginger- 1 inch
Dry red chilli- 4 nos
Coriander powder- 1 tbsp
Cumin seeds- 1 tsp
Turmeric powder- 1 tsp
Oil as need
Salt as per taste
Chopped onion- 1 large
Chopped tomatoes- 1 large
Green chilli- 2 nos
Tamarind pulp- 2 tbsp
- First take prawn in a bowl, add salt and turmeric powder into them and marinate it for sometime and keep aside.
- Then heat oil in a nonstick pan, add the marinate prawn and shallow fry it for 4 to 5 minutes and keep aside.
- To prepare paste, combine grated coconut, garlic, ginger, coriander powder, dry red chilli, cumin seeds and turmeric powder in a blender jar, add some water and make a smooth fine paste.
- Now heat oil in a deep nonstick pan, add chopped onion and saute it till it looks golden brown.
- Then add chopped tomatoes and green chillies and fry it till it will be soften. Now add the grounded paste into the pan and fry it for sometime.
- Then add tamarind pulp into the masala and fry it for 2 minutes.
- Now add the fried prawns into them and cook it for 2 to 3 minutes. Then add salt as per taste and add some water into pan, close the lid and cook it for 10 to 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes switch off the flame, Goan prwan curry is ready to serve hot with rice and roti.