Hara bhara kabab is a popular veg starter recipe. For all those healthy food seekers, its a treat for them. Hara bhara kabab is full of green vegetables and its also rich in nutrition. It is very simple and easy to cook quick homemade starter recipe.
This snack is rich in vitamins, minerals, and calcium. This recipe will help you with weight loss and in controlling sugar levels. These are vegetarian kababs made with spinach, potatoes, green peas, paneer that make a perfect snack. These can be served as starters or appetizers. It can be served at any time of the day with green chutney or tomato sauce.
These are also good stuff as patties between a burger with other veggies. Lots of spinach and green peas, these bites-sized hara bhara kababs are perfect when you bored of your regular starter recipes.
Actually, kabab is a piece of meat or vegetable most commonly grilled. There are so many kabab recipes like rajma kabab, soya kabab, corn kabab and hara bhara kabab. But this recipe are most commonly found in the Indian restaurants menu and served as a starter or appetizer.
Hara bhara kabab is a quick energy booster snack that can be enjoyed by anyone including toddlers. Most of the kids are don’t like to eat green vegetables, so if you will make this recipe surely your kids will love to eat the kababs. If you are health conscious, then you can do shallow fry the kabab instead of deep-frying. Here also I have done shallow frying the kababs.
So, you just try this recipe at your home and share your experience with me. I am sharing the recipe below.
Hara bhara kababCourse: AppetizersCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Medium
Hara bhara kabab is a popular veg starter recipe. For all those healthy food seekers, its a treat for them.
Spinach leaves- 1 bunch
Capsicum- 1/2 cup
Green peas- 1/2 cup
Beans- 1/2 cup
Boiled potatoes- 3 medium
Grated paneer- 100 gms
Chopped onion- 1 large
Green chillies- 2 nos
Red chilli powder- 1 tsp
Turmeric powder- 1 tsp
Jeera powder- 1 tsp
Chaat masala- 1 tbsp
Garam masala- 1 tsp
Pepper powder- 1 tsp
Bread crumbs- 1/4 cup + for coating
Salt as per taste
Oil for shallow fry
- Heat a nonstick pan, add little oil, then add capsicum, green peas and beans into it. Then saute it for 3 – 4 minutes.
- Then in a kadhai, add water to boil spinach. After boil the spinach, drain the water and let it cool for sometime.
- Now take a grinding jar, add the boiled spinach, capsicum, green peas, beans and green chillies into it. Then make a smooth paste.
- Now take a bowl. Add the green vegetables paste, then adds the boiled potato and mash it, then add grated paneer, chopped onion, chaat masala, garam masala powder, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, jeera powder, pepper powder, bread crumbs and salt as per taste. Now mix altogether properly and rest it for 10 minutes.
- Now divide the dough to equal portions. Roll them to balls. Grease oil in your palm and flatten them. Then coat the patties in dry bread crumbs. Press them well and set aside to 5 – 7 minutes for the crumbs to stick well.
- Now heat oil in a fry pan. Place the kababs. When they turn golden and crisp on the bottoms flip them gently and fry on the other side as well. You can add extra oil on the top to shallow fry.
- Now hara bhara kababs are ready to serve hot with green chutney or tomato sauce.
If you like this recipe, then try one famous snack from Odisha (Maida Kakera).