Hariyali chicken tikka is one of the most famous Indian kabab dishes generally served in almost every Indian restaurant. Boneless chicken pieces are marinated in a mixture of curd, coriander leaves, and mint leaves and grilled in the oven or frying in a nonstick pan. The flavours and fragrance of rich green vegetables inculcate the aroma in this kabab dish. In hindi hariyali means, greenery/green and hariyali chicken kabab mean chicken kabab with green paste.
I must say that this hariyali chicken tikka turned out awesome when I made it with proper ingredients. My whole family enjoyed it with spicy coriander chutney and curd raita. A must-try for all the chicken tikka lovers. This legendary dish is easy to make.
The secret lies in the marinate chicken rubbed with a paste made from crushed coriander and mint. Chicken legs may also be used. This recipe can be cooked in the frying pan or under the grill. The colour, taste, and flavor are out of this world.
This hariyali chicken tikka is a mouthwatering appetizer which is quite popular in north India and is best enjoyed with some exotic dips. Easy to prepare at home, this recipe would be loved by everyone in your house. The tikka version of hariyali chicken is great as a starter or a protein side with biriyani or any other Indian curry.
If you don’t have time for skewering, you can simply cook your boneless tikka on a pan over high heat until the water dries and tikkas are a little charred here and there.
So, you just try this recipe at your home and share your experience with me. I am sharing the recipe below.
Hariyali Chicken Tikka RecipeCourse: AppetizersCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Medium
Hariyali chicken tikka is one of the most famous Indian kabab dishes generally served in almost every Indian restaurant.
Boneless chicken- 500 gms
Coriander leaves few
Mint leaves few
Ginger- 1 inch
Garlic- 8 – 9 cloves
Curd- 4 tbsp
Gram flour- 2 tbsp
Chicken masala powder- 1 tbsp
Green chillies- 4 nos
Oil for greasing
Salt as per taste
- First, wash the chicken tikka and pat dry.
- To prepare the green paste, first chop the coriander leaves and mint leaves. Add into the mixer jar, then add ginger, garlic, green chillies and curd. Blend to a thick greenish paste.
- For marination, take a bowl, add chicken, green paste, chicken masala powder, gram flour. and salt as per taste, mix well and marinate it for 1 hour at least.
- Soak the skewers for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Now heat oil in a frying pan.
- Put the skewers with chicken marinated side by side.
- Fry on slow flame for 2 minutes and turn on the other side.
- Continue to fry on low heat for 5 to 10 minutes on each side turning it to fry evenly.
- Remove when evenly brown and tender.
- Hariyali chicken tikka is ready to serve with sliced onion and green chutney.