Kalakand is simple, delicious and quick instant recipe. This sweet is a popular Indian sweet made by reducing milk, sugar or you can use milkmaid. This soft set sweet is widely sold in sweet stall and is not commonly made in household. Kalakand is moist, juicy, tastes delicious and has a delicate grainy texture. It’s flavoured with.
Cardamom powder and optionally garnished with fine chopped nuts. This milkmaid is a great replacement to the traditional one which is made by simmering milk for a very long time.
It is said that kalakand was invented in 1947 by a sweet maker named Baba Thakur Das. Since he was residing in Alwar, a city in Rajasthan, this sweet is known as Alwar kalakand.
Making the original kalakand takes several hours and is a lot of. arm work as it requires continuous stirring. But here in this recipe is an instant hit always and uses only 3 basic ingredients. It gives kalakand that is soft, juicy and has a grainy texture similar to the traditional one.
It is a popular Indian sweet and is served during festivals and special occasions like Diwali, Navaratri, Ramzan and even on Holi. Quite often it is also known with other names like milk cake, mishri mawa or qalaqand. Kalakand is a popular sweet from the cuisine of state Uttar Pradesh, however there are other theories which suggests that this milk cake is from ancient Rajasthani cuisine. The history could be anything but certainly today kalakand sweet is widely appreciated and liked by every Indian.
So, you just try this recipe at your home and share your experience with me. I am going to share this recipe below.
Kalakand Sweet RecipeCourse: DessertCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Medium
Kalakand is simple, delicious and quick instant recipe. This sweet is a popular Indian sweet made by reducing milk, sugar or you can use milkmaid.
Full fat milk- 1.5 ltr
Vinegar- 3 tbsp
Milk maid- 200 gm
Ghee- 1 tbsp
Milk- 1/2 cup
Pistachio- 1 tbsp chopped
Almond- 1 tbsp chopped
- Heat milk in a large vessel and bring milk to a boil then turn off the heat and add vinegar.
- Stir to separate milk cheese then strain using a cheese cloth.
- Pour water over to rinse out any remaining acidity and set aside, when it gets dry then mash it with a masher or with your hand.
- Then in a nonstick pan add ghee, when ghee becomes hot then add milk and the cheese and saute it for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Now add the milkmaid and continue stirring until the mixture thickens.
- Now grease a tray with ghee and spread the mixture in it and sprinkle chopped almonds. and chopped pistachio on the top. and keep it aside and let it be cool at least one hour to set properly.
- So, kalakand sweet is ready, cut it into your desired shape and serve.
- Do not use low fat paneer or low fat condensed milk.
- Highly suggested using a heavy bottom pan.