Methi Paneer is an easy recipe to make at home with the main ingredients being Methi (Fenugreek- leaves in particular for this recipe) and Paneer (Cottage Cheese). Although this dish is made throughout the year, it is highly consumed during the winters due to its availability in abundance.
Fenugreek is otherwise known as Greece’s grass, where Fenu means grass and Greek is what belongs to Greece. According to legend the herbivorous who ate this grass lived a long and healthy life.
It was then people started researching this particular species of hay, observing that it has some good properties to provide health benefits. Gradually people started consuming fenugreek and slowly it started revolving around the world due to the Greek’s ventures; during which it also reached India and became a part of Indian cultivation.
It is important to soak the fresh fenugreek leaves in saltwater for some time to reduce its bitterness. As well as just because the name of this recipe has Methi in it doesn’t mean this recipe requires a lot of fenugreek, Paneer is still the king of this recipe.
Fenugreek helps reduce the risk of Diabetes, improves milk production and flow, improves weight loss, raises testosterone and boosts sperm count, reduces inflammation, reduces the risk of heart and blood pressure conditions, and is a natural pain relief providing agent.
The involvement of some cashews in the recipe is beneficial in itself, considering it is rich in fiber and contains plant proteins.
Paneer as the main ingredient is not only tasty but also due to being from the diary family, it is rich in protein. It also reduces the risk of breast cancer, aids in weight loss, ensures a healthy digestive system, and is a great food for people with diabetes.
Methi Shahi PaneerCourse: MainCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Medium
Methi Paneer is an easy recipe to make at home with the main ingredients being Methi (Fenugreek- leaves in particular for this recipe) and Paneer (Cottage Cheese).
Paneer cubes- 200 gms
Fenugreek leaves- 1 bunch
Chopped onion- 1 large
Chopped tomatoes- 2 large
Ginger- 1 inch
Garlic cloves- 8 – 9 piece
Bay leaves- 1 no
Green cardamom- 2 no
Cinnamon stick- 1 no
Turmeric powder- 1 tsp
Kashmiri red chilli powder- 1 tbsp
Curry powder- 2 tsp
Garam masala powder- 1 tsp
Salt as per need
Refined oil as need
- First heat oil in a kadhai, when oil becomes hot add chopped onion, chopped tomatoes, ginger, garlic, bay leaf, cardamom and cinnamon stick into it and fry it for 4 to 5 minutes and keep aside and make it cool.
- After that in a mixer jar add all the ingredients and some water and make a smooth paste.
- Then heat oil in a kadhai, when oil becomes hot add fenugreek leaves and fry it for 5 minutes then keep it side.
- Now in this kadhai, heat oil, then add the masala paste into it and fry it till oil separates from masala. Then add turmeric powder, Kashmiri red chilli powder, curry powder, garam masala powder into the masala and fry it for sometime.
- Now add paneer cubes into the masala and mix it gently. After that add the fried fenugreek leaves into the masala and fry it again. Add salt as per taste and add some water also. Cover the lid and cook it for 5 – 10 minutes.
- Then switch off the flame, Methi shahi paneer is ready to serve hot.
- Soak the fresh fenugreek leaves in saltwater for some time to reduce their bitterness.