Mirchi bajji is a spicy and savory snack recipe made. with. green chilies or also known as jalapenos. It is a perfect evening snack with a cup of tea or coffee, especially during the monsoon or winter season. It is generally eaten as it is without any sides but tastes great with dips like green chutney, tomato sauce, or schezwan chutney.
Indian cuisine is incomplete without highlighting the lip-smacking street food cuisine and its recipes. Generally, when it comes to street food it is either Indo-Chinese or chaat recipes that take the top spot. But there are certain deep-fried recipes like mirchi bajji recipe which is equally appreciated as street food recipes.
It can also be served as a simple side dish with rice dal or sambar rice combination. Mirchi bajji or chili bajji is a common snack or street food across India. It is generally made with other types of chilies. One of the popular bajji variety from Andhra cuisine is masala mirapakaya bajji, stuffed with masala onions and sev.
We can stuff these chillies with our favourite stuffing.
- We can stuff the aloo masala
- We can also stuff finely chopped vegetables and if you like we can even crush peanuts and mix with onions and vegetables and stuff it inside the chilli.
- We also can stuff chopped onions with coriander leaves.
In my childhood days, I was thinking bajji would be very spicy and I didn’t even dare to taste it. But later i tasted n knew that it’s not spicy. Bajji is very mild like capsicum and tastes delicious.
So, you just try this recipe at your home and share your experience with me. I am sharing this recipe below.
Mirchi Bajji RecipeCourse: SnacksCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Easy
Mirchi bajji is a spicy and savory snack recipe made. with. green chilies or also known as jalapenos. It is a perfect evening snack with a cup of tea or coffee, especially during the monsoon or winter season.
How TO make mirchi bajji
Mirchi bajji- 10 nos
- Batter ingredients
Gram flour- 250 gms
Rice flour- 2 tbsp
Turmeric powder- 1 tsp
Red chilli powder- 1 tbsp
Ajwain – 1 tsp
Ginger garlic paste- 1 tsp
Cooking soda- 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Oil for deep fry
- First wash all the mirchi very well in water. Then dry it and keep aside.
- Then with a knife cut it in slices all the mirchi.
- Making batter for mirchi bajji
- Take a lage bowl, add gram flour, rice flour, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, Carom seed, baking soda, ginger garlic paste and salt as per taste into the bowl.
- Now add water in parts. Adding water in parts begin to mix to a thick batter. Mix to a smooth and thick batter.
- Frying mirchi bajji
- Heat oil for deep frying in a kadhai, when oil becomes hot, now hold the mirchi with its stem and place in the batter.
- Coat the green chilli evenly with the batter. Then place the batter coated mirchi in the hot oil. Do not overcrowd the kadhai with the green chillis. Fry on medium flame.
- When one side is light golden, then gently turn over the bajji and continue to fry.
- Turn over a couple of times and fry till the bajjis are golden and crisp.
- Now place it on a kitchen towel to remove extra oil. Fry the remaining bajjis in a similar manner.
If you like this snack, then you will definitely love some other snack items: