Mughlai chicken gravy recipe is a very delicious recipe. This recipe is rich creamy gravy, made with fried onion and almonds. It is very creamy and a recipe mixed with many spices, curd, and cream. This can be served with any Indian bread or rice.
This is a north Indian Mughlai recipe. You can make it easily at home. This is a dish for special occasions because it is rich and somewhat decadent tasting. The recipe’s mild, thick, creamy gravy is inspired by the food of Central Asia and came to India during the rule of the famous Mughlai dynasty. Cook the dish and enjoy it and you may actually feel like royalty yourself.
Mughlai cuisines are developed during the reign of the Mughal Empire. You can say it is a mixture of Indian and Persian cuisines. These were developed for the Mughal families as well as soldiers. That is the reason the gravy of this recipe consists of nuts, such as “Almonds and cashews”, curd, milk, and some aromatic spices.
Mughlai Chicken recipe goes well with naans, rice, and rotis. You can find the best Mughlai dishes in every restaurant. You can make it at home as well, just follow my recipe. Some of the popular Mughlai dishes are Biryani, Chicken Korma, Mughlai Paratha, Pulao, etc. This dish is known as one of the most admired dishes in India.
There are a few variations to make this Mughlai chicken curry. One can deep fry the chicken otherwise cooked with the Mughlai gravy. Do prepare this recipe which is simple and easy to cook at home and share your views with me. I am sharing the recipe below.
Mughlai Chicken CurryCourse: MainCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Medium
Mughlai chicken gravy recipe is very delicious recipe. This recipe is rich creamy gravy, made with fried onion and almonds.
Chicken- 1 kg
Chopped onion- 3nos
Almonds- 50 grams
Yogurt- 1 cup
Milk- 1 cup
Oil as required
Ginger garlic paste- 2 tbsp
Salt as needed
Kasuri methi- 2 tbsp
Turmeric powder- 1 tsp
Kashmiri chilli powder- 1 tbsp
Coriander powder- 2 tbsp
Chicken masala powder- 2 tbsp
Red chilli- 4 nos
Black paper- 1 tsp
Coriander seeds- 2 tbsp
Cumin- 1 tbsp
- First marinate the chicken to make chicken Mughlai. In a mixing bowl take chicken, ginger garlic paste, Kashmiri chilli powder, turmeric powder, curd and salt. Mix it properly and marinate it for 1 hour.
- Then heat oil in a kadhai, when oil becomes hot, fry the onions in it till it looks golden brown. Spread it on a plate and let it cool down.
- Heat another pan, then add whole spices and almonds into it and saute it for 3 – 4 minutes. Then keep it aside.
- Now in a mixer jar add the fried onions, almonds, whole spices and curd into it. Then make a fine paste. Then keep it aside.
- Then heat oil, add the marinated chicken into it and fry it till the colour of chicken changes.
- Cover and cook until chicken is cooked well.
- Now add the fine paste into the chicken and cover and cook it well.
- Then add milk into it and cook for sometime.
- Then add chicken masala powder and coriander powder into the chicken and mix well and cook it for 10 minutes more.
- Now switch off the flame, Mughlai chicken is ready to serve.