Pahadi red chicken curry recipe is famous in the Northern part of India. “Pahadi” refers to the mountains so the cuisine is influenced by the ingredients that are majorly grown in the mountain region. So this chicken recipe is infused with the ingredients that are found in the mountain parts of India. In this fantastic chicken curry, the chicken is cooked with thick gravy. The masala is made with cinnamon, green cardamom, cloves, black pepper, dry red chillies, ginger, and garlic to form a paste, cooked with chicken.
In this recipe, I played with the flavours of Garam masala. This is a unique authentic recipe that comes from far mountains. If you want to make it a little tangy you can add yoghurt or tamarind pulp also.
Pahadi Red Chicken curry has the best flavour than everywhere else, and deliciously thick and spicy make this more delicious and more enjoyable. Make this lip-smacking Pahadi red chicken curry and serve it along with naan, rice, or roti. This is the perfect chicken curry for your weekday meal with your family. This Pahadi chicken recipe is full of flavor.
So, you just try this recipe at your home and share your experience with me. I am sharing this recipe below.
Pahadi Red Chicken CurryCourse: MainCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Medium
Pahadi red chicken curry recipe is famous in the Northern part of India. “Pahadi” refers to the mountains so the cuisine is influenced by the ingredients that are majorly grown in the mountain region.
Chicken- 1 kg
Lemon juice- 1 tbsp
Chopped onion- 4 big
Chopped tomato- 3 big
Garlic- 10 – 12 nos
Ginger- 1 inch
Dry red chilli- 10 – 12 nos
Cinnamon- 1 inch
Green cardamom- 1 no
Cloves- 4 nos
Black pepper- 10 – 12 nos
Turmeric powder- 1 tbsp
Red chilli powder- 1 tbsp
Chicken masala powder- 1 tbsp
Coriander powder- 1 tsp
Refined oil as per need
Bay leaf- 1
Salt as per taste
- For marination
- First take a bowl, add chicken into them. Then add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, lemon juice and salt into them and keep aside for 30 minutes.
- For gravy
- Heat oil in a kadhai, when oil becomes hot, add bay leafs and chopped onion into the kadhai and fry it till it looks golden brown.
- Then add chopped tomatoes into the kadhai and fry it till it gets mashy.
- In between in a mixer jar, add dry red chillies, garlic, ginger, cloves, black pepper, cinnamon, green cardamom and grind it and make it fine paste.
- Now add turmeric powder, red chilli powder into the kadhai and fry it. Then add the masala paste into the kadhai and cook it till oil separates from masala.
- Now add coriander powder and chicken masala into them and fry it for sometime.
- Then add marinated chicken into the masala and add salt as per taste. Fry the chicken properly till it will be soften.
- Now add some water into the chicken, cover the lid and cook it for 15 minutes more.
- After 15 minutes switch off the flame, now pahadi chicken is ready to serve hot with rice, roti or naan.