Palak Paneer Recipe is a famous North Indian dish that is cooked with spinach and paneer (cottage cheese). This dish is quite tasty and also a healthy dish for children, adults, senior citizens, and women also since it contains spinach and cottage cheese. It is mostly eaten with all the types of Indian bread.
Palak Paneer Recipe is mainly about cooking the paneer in a thick paste of spinach puree. Basically, the palak paneer dish hails from the North Indian Panjabi cuisine and is typically served with tandoori roti or naan. There are several ways to prepare this dish.
This recipe is so favorable that even people who usually don’t like spinach will still enjoy its gravy. Spinach gets cooked very fast and we would soak the spinach leaves for a very short time in hot water. This process softens the leaves and helps in making a fine paste. Also, we would need to keep in mind that if we cook the spinach leaves too much then its color will be dark.
So guys, do try out this palak paneer recipe at home and amaze your family and friends with its amazing taste. Also do not forget to share your experience with the recipe in the comment section. All the very best and happy cooking.
Palak Paneer RecipeCourse: DinnerCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Medium
Palak Paneer recipe is a famous North Indian dish that is cooked with spinach and paneer (cottage cheese). This dish is quite tasty and also a healthy dish for children, adults, senior citizens and for women also since it contains spinach and cottage cheese.
Spinach leaves- 2 bunch(palak)
Paneer (cottage cheese)- 250 gms
Green chilli- 2 nos
Oil- 4 tbsp
Cumin seeds- 1 tsp
Chopped onion- 1 big
Garlic- 6 – 7 cloves
Ginger- 1 inch
Chopped tomato- 1 big
Curry powder- 1 tsp
Red chilli powder- 1 tsp
Fresh cream- 1 tbsp(optional)
Salt as per taste
- Heat a pan. Add 2 glasses of water and when the water starts to boil then add the washed spinach and let it boil for 50 seconds. Then remove from the heat and keep it aside.
- Squeeze out the excess water from the spinach. Take a mixer jar and add the spinach, ginger, garlic, green chili, onion, tomato along with 2 tbsp of water and grind it so that it makes a smooth paste.
- Next, heat some oil on a pan. Add cumin seeds and sauté it. Then add the prepared spinach puree into the pan and fry it for 5 – 6 minutes. Later, add red chili powder and curry powder to the spinach puree and fry it for some time.
- Then cut the cottage cheese or paneer into large cubes and add the paneer cubes to the spinach puree, add salt as needed. And cook it for 2 – 3 minutes.
- Switch off the flame. And you could now serve the delicious dish. For garnishing add cream on the top and serve hot.
- It is always recommended to blanch palak when making paneer recipes.
- Use fresh paneer or better use homemade paneer for better result.
- You can use tofu instead of paneer if you are a vegan.
Hope you enjoyed the dish. Do let me know about your experience with palak paneer recipe in the comments section.
If you liked this north Indian dish, you could also find more recipes of north Indian dishes over here.