Paneer tikka is an Indian dish made from chunks of paneer marinated in spices and grilled in a tandoor. It is a vegetarian alternative to chicken tikka, so vegetarians will enjoy this dish. Not only vegetarians, even the non-vegetarians also love to eat this starter item. It is one of the best paneer recipes that can be served as a starter or as an accompaniment. This dish is also a beloved snack item along with the alcohol.
Paneer tikka is one of the most popular Indian cuisines. This recipe is generally a popular starter at parties. It is generally cooked in an oven however, if you don’t have an oven then you could also make it with Tawa (disc-shaped frying pan or griddle) and tandoori base as well.
So, in this recipe, I am going to make paneer tikka without an oven. We will make it using Tawa and tandoori base. If you are worried about your kids not eating veggies then you can give them this easy and yummy paneer tikka. So try the recipe and share your experience in the comment section.
Paneer TikkaCourse: AppetizersCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Easy
Paneer tikka is an Indian dish made from chunks of paneer marinated in spices and grilled in a tandoor. It is a vegetarian alternative to chicken tikka, so vegetarians will enjoy this dish.
Paneer- 250 gms
Curd- 1 cup
Turmeric powder- 1 tsp
Kashmiri red Chilli powder- 1 tbsp
Ginger garlic paste- 1 tbsp
Tandoori masala powder- 1 tbsp
Chat masala- 1 tsp
Garam masala- 1 tsp
Lemon juice- 2 tsp
Green capsicum(cut into quarter)- 1 cup
Onion(cut into quarter)- 1 cup
Oil- 3 tbsp
Food colour- its optional
Salt as needed
- First cut the paneer into thick dices, also cut the capsicums and onions into quarters.
- In a bowl add curd, Kashmiri red chilli powder, ginger garlic paste, lemon juice, tandoori masala powder, chat masala, salt as per taste and mix it properly.
- Then add the slices of onions, capsicums and paneer into the marination paste, then mix it and keep it aside for 30 minutes.
- After done with the marination, place the paneer and veggies into the skewer.
- Heat the tawa, add some oil onto it. When oil becomes hot, keep the paneer tikka sticks and keep turning them until they cook from all the sides.
- Now put a tandoor base on the flame. Then keep the paneer tikka sticks on it and tandoor it for 1 – 2 minutes.
- Now the paneer tikka is ready. I am giving the tandoor because of the smoky flavour of paneer is really yummy.
- Now keep it on a plate and squeeze lemon juice into it and serve the paneer tikka with mint chutney.
A plate of good food can win almost anybody’s heart. It is great alternative for the vegetarians. So, you can absolutely make this great paneer tikkas at home and enjoy well with your family. Let me know your experience in comments section. Good luck!
If you liked this starter item, you could also find more recipes for starters over here.