Rava idli dhokla is the easiest way to make instant dhoklas. I love to make and eat dhoklas, so I always find easy recipes. In this recipe, you can use an idli maker to make instead of the microwave.
The result will become out super soft and spongy. Dhokla is a vegetarian snack delicacy from the Gujurati cuisine. Dhokla recipes are typically served for breakfast, main course, and even for evening snacks. Typically dhokla recipe is prepared from besan or chickpea flour, but this recipe is an alternative and prepared from Rava or sooji.
This recipe is an instant version of Rava idli dhokla with Eno fruit salt which helps to hasten the fermentation process. It is a very healthy recipe. Generally, it served with green chutney.
There are two ways to make it at home, either using a traditional fermentation method or using Eno. If you want to make it more healthy for your kids, you can add some chopped vegetables into it. It is a perfect snack for the kid’s lunch box.
So, you just try this recipe at your home and share your experience with me. I am sharing the recipe below.
Rava idli dhoklaCourse: BrunchCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Medium
Rava idli dhokla is the easiest way to make instant dhoklas. In this recipe, you can use an idli maker to make instead of the microwave.
- For batter
Rava- 3 cups
Besan or chick flour- 1 cup
Curd- 500 gm
Turmeric powder- 1 tsp
Mint leaves few
Coriander leaves few
Ginger- 1 inch
Garlic 8 – 9 cloves
Green chilli- 2 nos
Eno fruit salt- 1 packet
Baking powder- 1 tbsp
Salt as per taste-
Oil for greasing the idli moulds
- For tempering
Oil- 50 ml
Mustard seeds- 1 tbsp
Cumin seeds- 1 tsp
Green chilli- 4 nos
Chopped coriander leaves few
Curry leaves few
- Take a grinder, add mint leaves, coriander leaves, curd, ginger, garlic and green chillies into it and make a smooth puree.
- Then take a large bowl. Add rava, besan then add the puree into it n mix well. Then add turmeric powder, baking powder and salt as per taste in to it and mix altogether properly. You can add water as required. Then make a thick batter ready and keep it aside for 15 minutes.
- Now heat the idli maker on low medium. Grease the idli moulds with oil.
- Then in that rava batter add Eno fruit salt and mix well.
- Then place the batter in the idli moulds and steam it for 15 – 20 minutes on medium flame.
- After done the idlis, let it be cool for 5 minutes then remove the idlis from the moulds and keep it aside.
- For tempering
- Heat oil in a tadka pan. When oil becomes hot, add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, curry leaves, green chillies and chopped coriander leaves and saute it for few seconds.
- Then pour the tadka on the top of the idlis.
- Now rava idlis are ready to serve hot with green chutney.
If you liked this recipe, then try another healthy idli (Green Moong Dal Idli) recipe here.