Instant rava idli is a simple and healthy south Indian idli recipe made with suji batter. It is an ideal healthy morning breakfast recipe can be prepared without the hassle of grounding and fermenting the batter. Rava idli can be made with spices or without spices and hence can be eaten as it is.
This recipe tastes great with a dip of chutney or sambar. South Indian recipes are generally popular for their steamed and clean breakfast recipes. It is either dosa or idli which covers the most of the breakfast recipes offerings.
What Is Rava Idli?
One such easy and simple idli recipe is rava idli recipe which is not only tasty but also quick and easy to make it. A rava idli recipe that gives you an incredibly light, soft and tasty rava idli. Being a idli and dosa lover, I never say no to the different idli varieties out there.
Traditionally, idli is made from rice and lentils, which involves soaking the rice and lentils for 4 to 5 hours as well as grinding the lentils and then fermenting the batter.
In this recipe uses of rava and yogurt, we do not need all that soaking or grinding time, thus making this an instant recipe. That’s why, i make rava idli when we want some quick and easy breakfast or snack.
The rava idli batter gets made with in minutes and then, as the idlis are steaming, I prepare the chutney, which is the traditional dip to serve with idli. Rava idli is low on calories and fat, making it healthy for everyday for everyday breakfast.
It also a good source of protein and carbs. Therefore, it is a great option to include breakfast for your weight loss diet. You can make it even more healthy by adding vegetables into the batter.
Some FAQs For Rava Idli
The calories in Rava idli are lower than normal South Indian idli, which makes it a healthy food recipe. It gives a healthy twist to the normal idli. Rava idli is a good source of protein, carbs also low in fat.
Idlis are not ketogenic. There are some changes needs to get a perfect Indian Keto idli. Chuck Grains and Cereals can replace portions of wheat, rice, semolina or ragi as they are all rich in carbs.
Semolina has high level of magnesium and dietary fiber, that’s why it helps to maintain the blood sugar level. You can have it once in a while. There is another option which is Oats Idli which is best for diabetic patients.
So, you just try this recipe at your home and share your experience with me. I am sharing the recipe below.
Rava Idli RecipeCourse: BreakfastCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Easy
Instant rava idli is a simple and healthy south Indian idli recipe made with suji batter. It is an ideal healthy morning breakfast recipe can be prepared without the hassle of grounding and fermenting the batter.
- For idli
Suji- 2 cups
Curd- 2 cups
Salt as per taste
- For tadka
Small mustard seeds- 2 tsp
Curry leaves few
Grated carrot- 1/2 cup
Oil- 2 tbsp
- For steam the idlis
Oil for greasing the idli moulds
How to make rava idli
- Heat oil in a wide pan on medium flame. Then add mustard seeds into it, add some curry leaves and grated carrot also, then saute it for 30 seconds.
- After that add suji or rava into the kadhai and roast it for 4 – 5 minutes. Now let it be cool.
- Now take a large bowl, add curd into it and mix it properly.
- Then in this batter add the roasted rava or suji, water as required, and salt as per taste, and make a thick batter. Now mix gently and let the batter for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, grease the idli mould with oil.
- Pour the batter in the idli moulds and steam cook for 10 – 15 minutes.
- After done switch off the flame, Rava idli ready to serve hot with chutney.
- Don’t avoid soda. It is one of the important ingredient of Rava Idli. You can less the amount if you want.
- The curd must not be sour otherwise the idlis gonna smell.