Sabudana Khichdi is one of the most popular comfort food in India. It’s also known as sago Khichdi and tapioca pearl pilaf. Beautiful tender tapioca pearls coated with crunchy roasted peanuts and sautéed with potatoes using spices with a generous squeeze of lemon. A true humble meal for folks of all ages.
It is mostly made during fasting/vrat/upvaas season like Navratri, Shivratri, Ekadashi but not limited to the same. Sabudana Khichdi makes an appetizing and filling breakfast, lunch, dinner, or a snack and with few minutes of preparation, this delicious meal comes together in a flash.
If there is one dish that can give your taste buds a unique flavour during vrat. This gluten-free vegan recipe makes it a perfect choice for health enthusiasts and weight watchers. You can give your own twist to this easy khichdi recipe with your favorite spices to accentuate the taste. Sabudana Khichdi is easy to digest and provides an instant boost of energy due to the presence of ample nutrients. Sabudana is great for people trying to lose weight, as it keeps you satiated for a long time. You can eat sabudana khichdi both for your lunch and dinner.
You can serve this delectable and healthy delight with some crunchy sabudana papad to make it more appetizing. So what are you waiting for? Try this sabudana khichdi recipe and enjoy it with your loved ones. I am sharing this recipe below.
Sabudana Khichdi RecipeCourse: BreakfastCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Medium
Sabudana khichdi is one of the most popular comfort food in India. It’s also known as sago khichdi and tapioca pearl pilaf.
Ghee- 3 tbsp
Cumin seeds- 1 tsp
Green chilli- 1 no
Curry leaves few
Onion- 1 large
Peanuts- 1/2 cup
Potatoes- 2 medium
Chilli powder- 1 tsp
Coriander leaves few
Salt as per taste
- First in a big wide bowl soak sabudana by adding just enough water to cover them.
- Soak covered for 5 to 6 yours, preferably overnight.
- Now switch on the flame and heat a non stick pan.
- Once it becomes hot, saute the peanuts for 5 minutes and keep aside and let it be cool.
- Then in the same pan, add ghee and when it becomes hot add cumin seeds, when it starts crackle then add curry leaves and green chilli and saute it for 30 seconds.
- Then add chopped onions and saute it till it looks golden brown.
- Then add cubed potatoes and add chilli powder and cook on a low flame until tender, flipping it occasionally.
- Now add the sabudana to the pan, add salt as per taste and mix everything well then cook until the sabudana are a bit translucent and well coated.
- Keep stirring occasionally.
- Then add lots of coriander leaves and mix everything again and squeeze half lemon on the top.
- Now sabudana khichdi is ready and serve with chilled yogurt.