Fried rice – a popular recipe made with cooked rice, finely chopped vegetables and seasoning ingredients. It is a staple food to many South East Asian countries. In India, it has been so common in the form of Indo – Chinese cuisine that we could even has this dish from street hawkers. It can be eaten just as it is. However, it tastes great when served with manchurian dry/gravy recipes or dal recipes. Indians, influenced from many overseas cuisines, customized the dishes to adapt to their taste buds. Fried rice recipe, one such adapted version from the Asian cuisine, transformed to a very popular street food recipes. This dish has many variations and I will be explaining in this post how to cook a simple and easy veg fried rice.
Fried rice recipes does exist in varied different formats. Chinese fried rice, schezwan fried rice, egg fried rice, chicken fried rice are some of the most common form the Indo – Chinese cuisine. This vegetable fried rice is an easy one to follow and can be made with any sauce you like. You could make this recipe in a jiffy with basic ingredients and rice.
So, you just try the recipe at your home and share your experience with me. I am sharing the recipe below.
Veg Fried RiceCourse: MainCuisine: Indo – ChineseDifficulty: Medium
Fried rice is a popular recipe made with cooked rice, finely chopped vegetables and seasoning ingredients. There are a lot of ways how fried rice can be made. Chinese fried rice, schezwan fried rice, egg fried rice, chicken fried rice are some of the most common form the Indo – Chinese cuisine. This vegetable fried rice is an easy one to follow and can be made with any sauce you like. It can be made in a jiffy with basic ingredients and rice.
Basmati rice- 1 cup
Water as required
Salt to taste
Refined oil- 4 tbsp
Grated Carrot- 1 small
Chopped capsicum- 1 small
Chopped beans- 5 – 6 nos
Chopped onion- 1 large
Chopped garlic- 6 – 7 cloves
Chopped green chilli- 2 nos
Dark soya sauce- 1 tbsp
Black pepper powder- 1 tsp
Cinnamon – 1 nos
Bay leaf- 1
- First soak the rice for 10 – 20 minutes.
- Now heat a large pot. Add water into it and let it boil. Now drain the water from the rice and add it to the boiling water, add salt and little oil also.
- Cook the rice till grains must separated yet fully cooked.
- Drain the rice to a pot and cool it.
- Heat oil in a non sticky on medium flame.
- Add cinnamon, bay leaf, cloves. Then add chopped onion, chopped garlic and chopped green chilli into it and fry it for 2 minutes.
- Now add all the cooked vegetables and mix it properly. Then cover the lid and cook it till vegetables will be done 75 percent.
- Then add soya sauce and mix it properly, then add the cooked rice and salt as per taste and fry it for 2 minutes.
- Now fried rice is ready to serve hot.
If you liked the veg fried rice recipe, then do try aromatic sweet rice Kanika – a dish from Odisha.